ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
steve zez
Regular MemberPosts: 361
Like?
Nikon Creative Lighting System in use!
Dec 4, 2004

Greetings...

I've got a D70 and a SB 800... I'm considering getting two more SB600/SB800s (or two more Sigma EF-500 DG Super), colored gel filters, and maybe some light stands/umbrellas in order to expand my horizons in creative flash - mostly to do tests w/models indoors (not in studio conditions w/backdrops, etc - but in "found" situations ---> like in a beautiful apartment, or in a bar w/lots of character, or a rundown stairwell/hallway, or whatever) and perhaps outdoors (at night).

I've never seen any examples of that kind of work anywhere besides the CLS pamphlet that came w/SB800 manual.

Is anyone in this forum doing this kind of work with the D2H or D70? - can u post examples? Or does anyone know of any good links?

Is it a powerful enough system to get really creative AND pro looking results?

I hesitate because it wouldn't be all that much more expensive to consider something like Alien Bees, etc (which would be the next logical step anyway).

many thanks in advance - Stephen

PS - another cheaper alternative would be to set my SB800 on SBU4 and trigger some cheap slaves... except than of course I'd have to deal w/doing everything in manual (good learning experience?)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow