Started Dec 3, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
training_editor
Contributing MemberPosts: 865
Like?
HELP me decide: 85 or 90
Dec 3, 2004

I have been having fun with my new studio strobe monolight and have decided that I would like to get more serious about headshot portraits. I like the look I get with prime lenses, but it seems my 50mm is just a bit too wide and my 105mm is not quite wide enough.

Yes, I know what Pentax lovers are thinking right now: I smell an excuse for a NEW LENS!

Well, with the strong Canadian dollar right now, it is sure tempting to pick up the phone and call some of the big advertisers in the back of the photo mags. The problem is ... well, I really like the Tamron 90mm Di lens, but I am still a HUGE fan of Pentax primes.

Is the Pentax 85mm f1.4 worth double the price of the Tamron?

This is going to sound really dumb, but if you own the Tamron 90mm or the Pentax 85mm and an istD, would you post a picture so I can see what the lens looks like on the camera.

(Hey, looks may not be everything in life but at that price I need to love the looks almost as much as the performance. Funny ... the wife USED to say the same thing about me, but that was 25 years ago!)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow