Lens(es) to START the DS journey

Started Dec 1, 2004 | Discussions thread
.Sam.
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,059Gear list
Like?
Re: FA 43mm f/1.9 Limited ?
In reply to Mark Ransom, Dec 2, 2004

Many people have been kind enough to share their own experince regarding this issue.

I know you can get the M lenses for cheap. However, since I've not used the DS yet, I'm not sure how the M's operate on the DS. I've been told the F lenses work great, and those are much more rare & expensive on eBay.

Right now I'm leaning to get the Sigma 18-125 to start, then take my time and shop for a 50mm F lense.

On the other had, if I try to apply the philosophy of buying the BEST then I would have to just get the 16-45 lense, and wait, .... and wait for a 77mm Limited... then.... wait and wait for F 50mm 1.7... then... That should take a good three years

BTW, is the FA 43mm f/1.9 Limited as good as the 77mm Limited?

I noticed the B&H has in stock for $480, almost the same price as the 16-45 ??? A fast Normal prime to start the journey ??!!

.Sam.

Mark Ransom wrote:

It looks like your pain threshold is around $400. If so, the 18-55
plus 28-105 at $310 for the pair is worth a look.

If you want to experiment a little with a fast 50mm lens, look for
one of the M lens on Ebay. They can't give away the F2.0 ones, and
even the F1.4 can be had for less than $50 if you're patient.

.Sam.'s gear list:.Sam.'s gear list
Sigma DP2 Pentax *ist DS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow