Started Nov 23, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Samadhi
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Resizing images???
Nov 23, 2004

I have questions about resizing digital images. I offer 4x6 prints to clients, then offer to enlarge those to 8x10's. I could offer 8x12's which would make it easier and not involve cropping, but 8x10 seems to be the most common enlargement size.

Now this may be a real silly question, but here goes. When trying to resize an image to 8x10 (lets say a vertical) straight from the original from my camera, I must crop quite a bit of top and bottom. Some images if I have shot to tight require the subjects legs cut off or very close to the head so I am unable to get a 8x10 out of it. For this reason I shoot far more loosely now, leaving space below the feet and above the head of the subject. This looks okay on the 8x10's, but the 6x4's would be bettter to fill the frame more.

Is there a way around this, is there some sort of program to resize wtihout making the subject look fatter, or skinnier and throwing everything out of proportion. Do you all shoot loosely also leaving room for the cropping of enlargements? Or is there a much simpler solution to this that is right in front of my face.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow