Started Nov 18, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joe Mooney
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Group photo 200+ people - Advice?
Nov 18, 2004

My employer has asked if I would take a group photograph of all employees for the municipality I work for. I am a crime scene photographer who would appreciate any suggestion you may have. This is not the kind of photography I’m used to.

The community has built at a new government center and they would like to get as many employees as they can to be photographed in front of it. I expect a crowd of between 200 and 250 people. I would be attempting to photograph them if front of the new government complex. The employees would be facing in an easterly direction with their backs to the government complex. I was think I would be in a lift bucket that the street lighting department uses, in front of the crowd and elevated. My goal would be to get all the employees and part of the new complex into the picture. The building is 3 stories tall so I don't think getting it all in the photograph would not work.

Equipment I have

Canon 1Ds
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Tamron 28-200 XR
Canon 550ex
Canon 420ex
Canon ST-E2
Sekonic L-558 DualMaster lightmeter

I do not think the flashes are going to do me any good in this situation, I’m hoping a mid morning photo taken around 10am (March 2005) will provide good lighting.

As far as arranging the crowd they will probably stay with their everyday coworkers, but I want the photo to look like an attractive gathering and not a mob.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow