ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henrik 1881
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
Sigma 12-24 on Dynax 7
Nov 2, 2004

Hi,

Any (film-)Dynax 7 users who tried the Sigma 12-24mm f4,5-5,6? I have red some about it and I understand its good value for the money.

I have also heard that some photographer have had trouble with the compability with some sigma lenses (the 17-35mm and 105mm). I myselfe had an 75mm-300mm many years ago that sudenly fell into two pieces. Quite surprising I must say. That was not an DX-lens.

Does the lens have an af switch simular to the Tamron 90mm, which would be unnecessary. Does the manual focusing clutch work during AF-mode, like the 24-105mm-lens? Does the new flash metering system work, as the D-lenses? I don't have the Dynax 7, but I have the brochure and I assume the 7D have the same features.

Glad for feedback. It sure looks like a nice lens on the Dynax 7Digital (and my old 9xi).

Best regards,
--

Amature photographer, waiting for the Dynax 7D, using Nikon COOLPIX 4500 with TC-E2 and WC-E63 and Minolta Dynax 9xi with 20 to 135mm glass.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow