Started Oct 26, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JetMonkey
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Filing recommendations
Oct 26, 2004

Hi, I like many other people have a growing digital photo collection. I'm looking at either Thumbsplus 7.0 or IMatch software to organize my photos before they get out of hand. My question is more so about how to set up a file system that makes sense. As an example, lets say I went on vacation in 2000, 2001, 2002 and again in 2004. Each time I traveled to Tucson Arizona and each time I took pictures of airplanes that are stored in the desert. What's the best way to organize these? By year, then location then maybe by keywords such as desert or maybe planes? Maybe under a catagory named vacation then by year? As you can guess I have no idea what might be the best approach, my main concern is that I'd like to set things up and not have to redo things later after finding out I messed up early on. I know this might get a bit elaborate but I'm hoping to keep this as simple as possible. Also is IMatch or ThumbsPlus the type of software I should be looking at to do this?
Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow