Fist time shooting sports. Need help :-)

Started Oct 17, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lerch
Contributing MemberPosts: 523
Like?
Fist time shooting sports. Need help :-)
Oct 17, 2004

My friend asked me if I'd come and shoot his sons football game this afternoon. I told him I would and that that a I had ZERO experience shooting sports but that I'd love to learn. Game was today (10.16.04) late in the afternoon say from 4:45-5:30 and raining hard all day. I started out with ISO 400 then kept moving up. 99% of the pics came out dark as heck and I had to try and fix them in PS. I used curves and USM for most of them and I tried auto color in the rest. My PS skills stink but I'm getting less "stinker" as time goes by (I think). Let me know what you think of them and what I could do next time to better myself. Here is a link to my gallery. http://www.pbase.com/valleybirder/sports . Also, let me know what you think of the composition of the shots. I cropped many of them and would like to know your thoughts. Are all my problems related to available light? Would these pics have turned out better on a brighter day? Camera used was a 20D and lens was a 100-400L with IS on set to "2"

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow