Started Oct 5, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Katz
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
20D & 17-85 is here ... passing on by for now
Oct 5, 2004

Ordered a 20D w/ 17-85 lens back in August. Got the call yesterday that it had arrived. The absence of a production model review from Phil (to this point), along with what I consider to be a significant amount of negative chatter, motivated me to tell the camera shop to pass me by.

I'm giving this a month or so to settle down. It takes me a long time to save $2,000. I want to be comfortable that I'm spending it the right way.

I do realize a certain amount of negative posts will accompany virtually any new camera introduction. But in my judgment, there's been a bit too much regarding the 20D. Do I eventually plan to have a 20D in my hands before year's end? Absolutely.

It really bothers me to wait, as I've been really looking forward to getting my camera. But I want to feel confident about my purchase. And right now, I don't.

I do realize others will assess the same information, and feel okay about purchasing right now.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow