Started Sep 18, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
whitbycolin
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Dynax7 Digital SLR Pricing
Sep 18, 2004

Probably like many others registered with Minolta you will have received the nice glossy booklet describing the all singing all dancing Dynax along with its price tag?

I was concerned about the type of storage media but was relived to see it confirmed as accepting the Compact flash cards.

However, I was in for a bit of disappointment with the price of the body only as being £1,149,99!! I thought it might come in at around the £800 / 900 mark. Then sometime ago I read an interview that indicated it might come in around the D10 price mark. My concern is that at 6mp it is not a fair price and the D10 is already widely accepted as a pro spec model with even that now superseded to some extent by the newer D20.

I do not think that I will be jumping in at the body only price for a first generation model. It is announced that when released there is to be a limited number initially available. Is this to allow for feedback ready for the firmware upgrade?

I am a keen Minolta user and do not think the price is justified and perhaps the brand switch now seems more likely.

Regards to all

Whitbycolin

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow