Windows XP -- digital camera/photo features

Started Apr 23, 2001 | Discussions thread
Reto Bolliger
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Pro user wish list
In reply to Rick Turner [MS], Apr 26, 2001

Hello Rick,

Thanks for answering all our questions and suggestions. My wish list as a pro user and photographer is:

First and moist important to me: The OS has to be as stable as possible and mustn’t crash or freeze if a user application crashes.

Second; registration: I can understand why MS will do that but I think it should be just necessary the first time you install the system or if you move the OS to an other computer and: If MS has less piracy because of the registration they have less loss and the OS should get much cheaper for the end user!

And if I buy a new PC with preinstalled XP it should not be necessary to register, it should be done by Dell, HP, etc.

Also, I’d like that you support the fast USB 2 connection and not just Firewire.

I’d also like, if you support Bluetooth, e.g. for transferring pictures wireless from my camera with a Bluetooth CF card to my Laptop or to my Desktop PC in my studio.

The Pic-View in Explorer should support all common file types, not just jpg (e.g. tif, gif, PhotoShop, CorelPhotoPaint, Kodak PhotoCD(pcd), bmp, fpx, tga etc.)

And: I really hate Wizards, too! I hope there is a way for system administrators to do their job without using Wizards. They are good for the first or second time, but not if administrating PCs this is your daily job.

Thanks
Reto

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow