Windows XP -- digital camera/photo features

Started Apr 23, 2001 | Discussions thread
Andreas Krattenmacher
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Windows XP -- digital camera/photo features
In reply to Rick Turner [MS], Apr 26, 2001

Rick Turner wrote:

I can (and do) understand the want for simplicity and ease of use.
I guess I am trying to communicate two primary points about the new
registration requirement in Windows XP:

[...]

Right now, we are only compensated for about half of the instances
where our product is used. The fact that piracy of our products is
so rampant dictates things like required registration. If you
don't like the registration, by all means, vote with your wallet.
But even more so -- you should become a champion against software
(or any kind) of piracy.

First I think that 50% of not licened copies of your product is way to high, but this is a other thing.

I am more interessted in things that make my live easier, not that I have to register the product online, it should be possible to get rid of the requirement to have the old release available when I have bought the update, especially as a mobil user it is unacceptable that there is a requirement to have the old release and the update with you in case there is a problem and the system has to be reinstalled.

I would accept to have the old CD Key or what ever, but the additional CDs is more then unpractical!

Another questions I have more copies of the OS, the Office package, but I use allways only one package to install the products the other ones go unopened into the storage area, will this be possible with Win XP and Office XP? Using yust one CD (where the code is printed on) is easier than to use than to think about which system has which code installed.

Best regards -- Andreas Krattenmacher

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow