Best fast 5x7 photo printer for event.

Started Sep 15, 2004 | Discussions thread
Michael Meissner
Forum ProPosts: 23,077Gear list
Like?
Re: Best fast 5x7 photo printer for event.
In reply to Richard Brown, Sep 15, 2004

Richard Brown wrote:

I am looking for a small fast printer for just an event to be able
to print as we shoot.
I need nothing larger than 5x7 and yes I already know about the
epson 4x6 portable printer.
I am looking at the canon Pixima ip 4000 for its speed.
Other considerations are ink usage and costs as well as 5x7 paper.

anyone have any input or use one for events?

I've been thinking about doing a walk around character (court painter) at our local renaissance faire, and have been looking at the dye-sub Canon CP-330 and inkjet HP 375B printers, which can run off of batteries. I was surprised that the Canon printer evidently has a short lifetime (I know Canon inkjets have fade issues, I was surprised to see that the latest Wilhelm report only gives the dye-sub 7 years or so, while the HP on swellable paper is around 80 years, and the Epson is over a 100).

Since you mentioned 5x7, have you looked at HiTi 730PS? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=314208&is=REG

The other option might be get an 8x10 printer and cut the images after printer (Olympus 440 or Kodak 8500, note the 8500 is more expensive, but a lot of users feel it might be more rugged which might be useful to you).

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus Tough TG-2 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow