Like?
Re: Windows XP -- digital camera/photo features
In reply to Rick Turner [MS], Apr 24, 2001

Thanks for your reply, Rick,

As for the registration -- it's painless, it doesn't require typing
in anything (your name, etc.), and it's not for info gathering on
Microsoft's part. You will have to register each time you do an
install of the OS.

Painless, or pain in the rear? I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

I understand and sympathize with the issues however this very same type of registration process stopped me from buying Adobe Elements last week. I thought Adobe was kidding when I read their reinstallation requirements but a call to their order desk confirmed it. Lost sale.

I'm really** tired of spending my life on the phone with all these companies whose screw-ups or defective products force me become like a part-time employee on the phone with them trying to get the problem fixed.

I had to reinstall Windows ME within a week after buying a new computer recently. The problem, in part, was because the manufacturer's tech support instructed me to delete files I should not have. If the system performed as one was lead to believe, I wouldn't have had to call tech support in the first place.

Then the driver for my expensive optical mouse, Microsoft's own, would frequently and sporadically disappear. The mouse would not function properly. I had to reinstall it several times each week (will we have to register for mice?). I spent over an hour on the phone, at my expense, with Microsoft support who didn't resolve the problem. I finally discovered the problem, but not until I had wasted a lot of time. I was going to call back MS to tell them what I discovered but I already spent too much time and toll charges on the issue.

Shall I go on?

I hope Microsoft comes up with another alternative.

gail

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow