Started Sep 11, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sippinsoma
Regular MemberPosts: 281
Like?
135 f/2L for candids anyone?
Sep 11, 2004

I am pretty sure that I am going to buy the 135 f/2L for candids, but wanted to get some opinions first.

I had first planned on getting the 200 f/2.8L because I wanted to kill two birds with one stone by having a great lens for candids and also for my beginning aspirations in astrophotography. Then I thought, "why should I spend money on a 200 prime 2.8 when I can get a 70-200 also at 2.8?". Then, I figured that the constant 200mm would be a little much at times, and also a little slow indoors or at night at 2.8.

I checked out the 135 f/2L and thought it might be a little better. I find that I lose too many candid shots if I'm constantly trying to frame and zoom all the time. If I stay at 135mm, I can concentrate more on people and clicking the shutter. Also, that f/2 comes in handy indoors. I do lose the ability for astrophotography, but that can wait for now.

Do any of you have any opinions on which would be better for candids / have you used either to do so?

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

making the nondescript... fascinating.
http://www.degiulio.cc

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow