Started Aug 26, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ldkronos
Contributing MemberPosts: 935
Like?
CTF Mini Challenge #17 - Transportation
Aug 26, 2004

Picking up the baton passed on by flgator (and subsequently by Dom), I am proud to be the host for challenge #17 (17...wow, these fly by quick). I've been tossing 3 or 4 topic ideas through my head for a little bit now, and I wasn't sure which one to pick, so I'll choose the one that I think will give everyone a chance to submit something.

The theme for CTF Mini Challenge #17 is: Transportation
Start Date: Wednesday, August 25, 2004
End Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2004, 6:00 PM Eastern Time

The 6PM end time is slightly flexible. With any luck (assuming the cable guy gets my internet connection fixed this weekend), I'll start the judging at 6PM that night and post the winner before I go to bed. However, if you can sneak a late submission in before I make my decision, I will consider it.

As for the topic, I will of course accept the obvious shots: car, boat, train, plane, bike, roller blades, etc. I also will accept other concepts that are directly related to transportation, such as airport terminals, traffic signals, roads, bridges, etc.

Usual rules apply, but I want to stress 3 thing in particular:
1) Please trim out quoted content when you reply, especially the images.
2) Please customize the subject line in your post.
3) Try to come up with a name for each of your submitted pictures.

Here are a few samples from my collection:

An obvious shot:

And a transportation related shot:

So let's see what we can come up with. Good luck to everyone.

-- hide signature --

Rules as usual

The Rules...

The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post an image. The host chooses the winner. The decision of the judge (the Host!) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person.

It's not so much about going out and taking a photo with the subject in mind (though by all means, do that if you want), it's more about looking through your pics on your hard drive, say, and posting one here that fits the topic. Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera. You can do all the post processing you want.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some guidelines:

When posting your picture change the subject to your picture title.

Either embed your image in the thread or supply a link to it. And how do you embed a picture? I'm glad you asked: while your photo on Pbase (or any other web site) is open, copy the URL address from the address box on your tool bar, then paste it into your reply thread. Add a .jpg extension to get the photo to show up. Click on preview to make sure it's what you want.

Provide any additional information you want.

You may enter up to three pictures, but they should be within a single post.

Please limit the size of your entries to conserve bandwidth. 150K or less works well.

As a show of courtesy, and to save bandwidth, please remove the original post when replying, so you don't bring back any previous photos.

--
Ron Frazier
http://www.pbase.com/ldkronos

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
My 3New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow