Studio and Lighting Technique

Welcome to the Studio and Lighting Technique Forum, the place to discuss scene lighting be it continuous, studio flash, portable flash or hot-shoe.

New thread
Filter by product:
Display options: Skin:
Notes on RoundFlash Dish and Flashbender Pro XL Version 2 Notes on RoundFlash Dish and Flashbender Pro XL Version 2 First Video Lights First Video Lights
Does this lighting, background and subject work for you? Does this lighting, background and subject work for you? Lighting Setup for Diamond Photography (and Turntable for videos?) Lighting Setup for Diamond Photography (and Turntable for videos?)
How Would You Recreate or Reverse Engineer this Portrait? How Would You Recreate or Reverse Engineer this Portrait? Light setup for these shoots? Light setup for these shoots?
focusing with model lighting focusing with model lighting 3 lights home studio setup questions. 3 lights home studio setup questions.
When is a shot underexposed and when is just right? When is a shot underexposed and when is just right? Anyone using the DMKFoto Diffuser for on camera flash? Anyone using the DMKFoto Diffuser for on camera flash?
So my second time shooting at home studio is here! So my second time shooting at home studio is here! SU-800 controller not working ratios in Left/Right slider TTL mode SU-800 controller not working ratios in Left/Right slider TTL mode
Triangular Reflectors Have Direct Stand Mount Triangular Reflectors Have Direct Stand Mount Picture: Taken with the CononMark K4T
Critique requested
Picture: Taken with the CononMark K4T
Need Help. Automotive Studio Startup (Design, Quality, Equipment) Need Help. Automotive Studio Startup (Design, Quality, Equipment) Harsh shadows with flash. Harsh shadows with flash.
High speed photography redux High speed photography redux What size grids for a Speedlite? What size grids for a Speedlite?
playing with grids for hard lighting playing with grids for hard lighting Aim the flash at the reflector??? Aim the flash at the reflector???
My first shot at home studio. Thanks My first shot at home studio. Thanks Outdoor family portrait in bright sunlight Outdoor family portrait in bright sunlight
Helped a friend with some staff photos
Critique requested
Helped a friend with some staff photos
Old files. Old files.
Setting up home studio. Space presentation Setting up home studio. Space presentation How do you achieve this effect ? How do you achieve this effect ?
What is the Best Way to Use a Grid on a Speedlite? What is the Best Way to Use a Grid on a Speedlite? Where to position off camera flash for fill Where to position off camera flash for fill
Need help, sb700 has no sync port for pocketwizard... Need help, sb700 has no sync port for pocketwizard... What is the best way to store Yongnou YN-622 transceivers? What is the best way to store Yongnou YN-622 transceivers?
Display options: