Botswana & Namibia: Their People
Challenge has finished
As we move (roughly) south thru Africa, this challenge will cover only the countries of Botswana and Namibia. I hope that many members have been to the game parks here, but for this challenge, you'll have to show us photos of the people. I am unsure about how many people have been to these countries, so I don't think we'll hit the 35-entry maximum. If we do, then I'll probably add more spaces, so everyone who wants can enter. Entrants are required to (1) vote for each other entry, (2) read the comments (if any) below this challenge, in case I or other entrants post with Rules questions or clarifications, and (3) follow each of the challenge rules...including voting WITHIN THE FIRST SIX DAYS of the challenge.
Thursday, 6th March, 2014 (GMT)
Thursday, 13th March, 2014 –
Wednesday, 19th March, 2014
Thursday, 20th March, 2014 –
Wednesday, 26th March, 2014
- No HDR (or HDR-like) post-processing.
- Be subtle in your touch, if you choose to vignette in post-processing
- No selective desaturation
- No composited photos (stitched panoramas are fine, if you give this info in the Details section)
- Either no borders added, or extremely narrow borders. Fill the frame with your amazing images.
- ** FOR THIS CHALLENGE, YOU **MUST** VOTE ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, PST. (IE, YOU HAVE ONLY 6 DAYS TO VOTE, INSTEAD OF 7 DAYS!!!!).
- No watermarks on the photo that can identify who you are.
- Either color or B/W images are fine.
- Image must be EXACTLY 1600 pixels on the longest side.
- [1% leeway on size restrictions (16 pixels)]
- Must have a meaningful title
- Either title or details must give location where image was shot.
- ** FOR THIS CHALLENGE, YOU **MUST** VOTE ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, PST. (IE, YOU HAVE ONLY 6 DAYS TO VOTE, INSTEAD OF 7 DAYS!!!!)**
- Please submit only images that have not been used in a DP challenge in the past few years. Violators will be DQ'd, even if this violation is discovered after the voting has ended.
- IF YOU ENTER . . . VOTE FOR EACH AND EVERY OTHER IMAGE. Taking the time to vote for your peers' images is *HALF* of this challenge. If you prefer not to vote in challenges you enter; I understand... but please, skip this challenge and save the space for another photographer. :-)
- Your location info MUST include, at least,  the country, and  the city town, area, etc inside that country.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Thursday, 13th March, 2014 11:39
||Saturday, 5th May, 2012