Western Africa (northern section): Non-Portraits
Challenge has finished
As we move (roughly) south thru Africa, the last week's and this week's challenge will cover the following LONG list of countries:  Gambia;  Senegal;  Guinea Bissau;  Guinea;  Sierra Leone;  Liberia;  Cote d'Ivory;  Burkina Faso;  Ghana;  Togo;  Benin; and  Nigeria. It is my sense that very few people have been to many/all of these countries, so I am uncertain as to if we'll hit the 35-entry maximum. If we do, then I'll probably add more spaces, so everyone who wants can enter. Entrants are required to (1) vote for each other entry, (2) read the comments (if any) below this challenge, in case I or other entrants post with Rules questions or clarifications, and (3) follow each of the challenge rules...including voting WITHIN THE FIRST SIX DAYS of the challenge.
Thursday, 2nd January, 2014 (GMT)
Thursday, 9th January, 2014 –
Wednesday, 15th January, 2014
Thursday, 16th January, 2014 –
Wednesday, 22nd January, 2014
- No HDR (or HDR-like) post-processing.
- Be subtle in your touch, if you choose to vignette in post-processing
- No selective desaturation
- No composited photos (stitched panoramas are fine, if you give this info in the Details section)
- Either no borders added, or extremely narrow borders. Fill the frame with your amazing images.
- ** FOR THIS CHALLENGE, YOU **MUST** VOTE ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, PST. (IE, YOU HAVE ONLY 6 DAYS TO VOTE, INSTEAD OF 7 DAYS!!!!).
- No watermarks on the photo that can identify who you are.
- Either color or B/W images are fine.
- UPDATE...JAN 06...FOR THIS CHALLENGE, YOU CAN SUBMIT 2 IMAGES (and this number may be increased later)
- Image must be 1600 pixels on the longest side.
- 1% leeway on size restrictions (16 pixels)
- Must have a meaningful title
- Either title or details must give location where image was shot.
- ** FOR THIS CHALLENGE, YOU **MUST** VOTE ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, PST. (IE, YOU HAVE ONLY 6 DAYS TO VOTE, INSTEAD OF 7 DAYS!!!!)**
- Please submit only images that have not been used in a DP challenge in the past few years. Violators will be DQ'd, even if this violation is discovered after the voting has ended.
- IF YOU ENTER . . . VOTE FOR EACH AND EVERY OTHER IMAGE. Taking the time to vote for your peers' images is *HALF* of this challenge. If you prefer not to vote in challenges you enter; I understand... but please, skip this challenge and save the space for another photographer. :-)
- Your location info MUST include, at least,  the country, and  the city town, area, etc inside that country.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Dakar is a capital city of Senegal ;)
Friday, 10th January, 2014 07:46
||Saturday, 13th May, 2006