WILD ANIMALS taken with SUPERZOOM Fixed Lens cameras
Challenge has finished
Please submit an image of any WILD animal (s) of the furry/hairy mammal type taken at your camera's MAXIMUM 'OPTICAL' Telephoto setting in any country with a small sensor superzoom fixed lens camera such as Panasonic FZ, Canon SX, Fuji HS, Nikon P, Sony HX, etc., etc. STRICTY NO photos from DSLRs/detachable lens cameras of any kind please. NO ZOO shots either! READ THE RULES BELOW before submitting an entry!
Sunday, 15th December, 2013 (GMT)
Sunday, 22nd December, 2013 –
Saturday, 28th December, 2013
Sunday, 29th December, 2013 –
Saturday, 4th January, 2014
- The purpose of this challenge is to show viewers how sharp your superzoom can be at its maximum 'optical' focal length. Hence only images shot at the full 'optical' zoom range should be submitted. For example, if your camera goes to a maximum 108mm (600mm in 35mm terms) at full image resolution, then the EXIF data of your entry will show 108mm. Whatever the max optical zoom is, your entry must reflect this.
- STRICTLY no images of domestic pets or captive Zoo animals please.
- Wild animals of the furry/hairy mammal type in their natural environments only should be submitted. See examples below for acceptable type of images.
- Minimal PP such as image cropping, contrast/saturation adjustment, sharpening, etc., will be fine. Background manipulation, however, is NOT okay by any means or to any degree.
- Images should be no larger than 1600 pixels on the longest side.
- Border and/or image title entirely optional, but please name the species in the image.
- Only images from small sensor superzoom 'fixed lens' cameras as mentioned in the above theme should be submitted. No DSLRs/detachable lens models of any kind please!
- Please do no attempt to garner votes on your own entry, such as asking friends or other DPR/website/forum users to vote for your image.
- Although not a strict rule. ALL entrants are respectfully requested to vote on other images submitted by other participants.
- Thank you for participating fairly in this challenge and good luck to all entrants. :-)
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Tuesday, 24th December, 2013 10:21
||Tuesday, 17th July, 2012