The World of Tiny Creatures
Challenge has finished
In this challenge, show us tiny insects, spiders, or arthropods, in relation to their natural surroundings. Macro and close-ups are welcome, but the subject of the entry must be seen as very small in its environment. Show the insects or spiders outside, on leaves, flowers, trees, just doing what comes naturally to them, not inside under studio lights. TO BE CONSIDERED TINY, THE SUBJECT SHOULD BE LESS THAN 1 cm IN SIZE. Size of entry: MAXIMUM 1,600px on LONGER SIDE.
Saturday, 27th April, 2013 (GMT)
Saturday, 4th May, 2013 –
Friday, 10th May, 2013
Saturday, 11th May, 2013 –
Friday, 17th May, 2013
- SIZE: Longer side of entry, MAXIMUM 1600px.
- Digital photos only, with full EXIF data.
- Colour only.
- No glaringly obvious HDR. If it hurts my eyes, it's out!
- Don't remove the background.
- TITLE: Give your entry a title, not just a photo number
- NO watermarks or forms of identification, or personal website references.
- NO photos from previous DPR challenges can be entered in this challenge.
- Two (2) entries per person allowed, but each entry should be of a different type of insect or spider.
- Comments of encouragement are welcome.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! If you enter the challenge, take the time to vote on other entries! This will hopefully counteract the sandbaggers' votes which spoil the genuine results for everyone's entries.
- ENTRANTS WHO HAVE ENTERED NUMEROUS CHALLENGES, AND HAVE NEVER VOTED, OR HAVE A VERY LOW VOTING SCORE RELATIVE TO THEIR ENTRIES, EXPECTING OTHERS TO DO THEIR WORK FOR THEM MAY BE DQ'D. I don't like Free-loaders or Free Riders in my challenges.
- Sandbagging, and vote solicitation will cause DQ'ing of entries, so please don't contemplate it!
- Entrants or voters caught cheating will be unwelcome in my future challenges.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Saturday, 4th May, 2013 13:08
||Saturday, 4th May, 2013