Grasshoppers, Crickets & Katydids
Challenge has finished
In this challenge show us your best photos of these interesting insects, of the Order Orthoptera: grasshoppers, crickets or katydids; the ones with powerful springs in their back legs!
Macro and close-up shots welcome. These insects must be outside, on flowers, leaves, or just doing what they do; NOT under studio lights. Go to http://bugguide.net/node/view/73/bgpage for more information. SIZE: 1,600px MAXIMUM ON LONGER SIDE.
Saturday, 30th March, 2013 (GMT)
Saturday, 6th April, 2013 –
Friday, 12th April, 2013
Saturday, 13th April, 2013 –
Friday, 19th April, 2013
- SIZE: Longer side of entry, MAXIMUM 1600px.
- Digital photos only, with full EXIF data.
- Colour only.
- No glaringly obvious HDR. If it hurts my eyes, it's out!
- Don't remove the background.
- TITLE: Give your entry a title, not just a photo number
- NO watermarks or forms of identification, or personal website references.
- NO photos from previous DPR challenges can be entered in this challenge.
- Comments of encouragement are welcome.
- Two (2) entries per person allowed, but each entry should be of a different type of insect.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! If you enter the challenge, take the time to vote on other entries! This will hopefully counteract the sandbaggers' votes which spoil the genuine results for everyone's entries.
- ENTRANTS WHO HAVE ENTERED NUMEROUS CHALLENGES, AND HAVE NEVER VOTED, OR HAVE A VERY LOW VOTING SCORE RELATIVE TO THEIR ENTRIES, EXPECTING OTHERS TO DO THEIR WORK FOR THEM MAY BE DQ'D. I don't like Free-loaders or Free Riders in my challenges.
- Sandbagging, and vote solicitation will cause DQ'ing of entries, so please don't contemplate it!
- Entrants or voters caught cheating will be unwelcome in my future challenges.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Saturday, 6th April, 2013 16:42
||Tuesday, 19th March, 2013