Weird, Bizarre Flowers in Nature
Challenge has finished
In this challenge, show us examples what you think are some of nature's really weird, unusual or bizarre flowers. Macro and close-up shots welcome.
You may not know what the flowers are, and other entrants or viewers might help identify them. Photos taken outside in the real world are preferred, but for this challenge, you may have had a reason for shooting indoors. Small insects or spiders may be present, but should not dominate the picture. Please no roses, hibiscus, daisies etc. SIZE: 1,600px MAXIMUM ON LONGER SIDE.
Saturday, 23rd March, 2013 (GMT)
Saturday, 30th March, 2013 –
Friday, 5th April, 2013
Saturday, 6th April, 2013 –
Friday, 12th April, 2013
- SIZE: Longer side of entry, MAXIMUM 1600px.
- Digital photos only, with full EXIF data.
- Colour only.
- No glaringly obvious HDR. If it hurts my eyes, it's out!
- Don't remove the background.
- TITLE: Give your entry a title, not just a photo number
- No watermarks or forms of identification, or personal website references.
- YES! Photos entered in previous DPR challenges MAY be used in this challenge, but I would prefer you to enter new pictures.
- Two (2) entries per person allowed, but each entry should be a different type of flower.
- If I believe the flower is not very unusual or bizarre, I may suggest a withdrawal of the entry.
- Comments of encouragement are welcome.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! If you enter the challenge, vote on other entries! This will hopefully counteract the sandbaggers' votes which spoil the genuine results for everyone's entries.
- ENTRANTS WHO HAVE ENTERED NUMEROUS CHALLENGES, AND HAVE NEVER VOTED, OR HAVE A VERY LOW VOTING SCORE RELATIVE TO THEIR ENTRIES, EXPECTING OTHERS TO DO THEIR WORK FOR THEM MAY BE DQ'D. I don't like Free-loaders or Free Riders in my challenges.
- Sandbagging, and vote solicitation will cause DQ'ing of entries, so please don't contemplate it!
- Entrants or voters caught cheating will be unwelcome in my future challenges.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Saturday, 30th March, 2013 10:24
||Friday, 21st December, 2012