Where's Wally (Waldo)? Camouflage in the Insect & Spider World
Challenge has finished
In this challenge, show us the clever forms of camouflage that insects, spiders, or other small arthropods use to hide themselves from other predators, or wait for their own meal to come along. They should be outside, on flowers, leaves, or trees, NOT under studio lights. Macro and close-up shots welcome. SIZE: 1,600px MAXIMUM ON LONGER SIDE.
Saturday, 16th March, 2013 (GMT)
Saturday, 23rd March, 2013 –
Friday, 29th March, 2013
Saturday, 30th March, 2013 –
Friday, 5th April, 2013
- SIZE: Longer side of entry, MAXIMUM 1,600px.
- Digital photos only, with full EXIF data.
- Colour only.
- No glaringly obvious HDR. If it hurts my eyes, it's out!
- Don't remove the background.
- TITLE: Give your entry a title, not just a photo number
- No watermarks or forms of identification, or personal website references.
- YES! Photos entered in previous DPR challenges MAY be used in this challenge, but I would prefer you to enter new pictures. Those "not again..." shots tend to be voted down, in my experience.
- Two (2) entries per person allowed, but each entry should be a different insect or spider.
- Comments of encouragement are welcome.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! If you enter the challenge, take the time to vote on other entries! This will hopefully counteract the sandbaggers' votes which spoil the genuine results for everyone's entries.
- ENTRANTS WHO HAVE ENTERED NUMEROUS CHALLENGES, AND HAVE NEVER VOTED, OR HAVE A VERY LOW VOTING SCORE RELATIVE TO THEIR ENTRIES, EXPECTING OTHERS TO DO THEIR WORK FOR THEM MAY BE DQ'D. I don't like Free-loaders or Free Riders in my challenges.
- Sandbagging, and vote solicitation will cause DQ'ing of entries, so please don't think about it!
- Entrants or voters caught cheating will be unwelcome in my future challenges.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Taken in Jiuzhaigou Valley, Sichuan, China.
Thursday, 28th March, 2013 01:26
||Thursday, 22nd October, 2009