Challenge has finished
This challenge is for you to showcase your photos of those strange and unusual plants, such as sundews, snaptraps, pitcher plants etc. which derive their nutrients from trapped insects, spiders or even tiny animals. Capture your photos in the natural environment if you can, though some of these carnivorous plants may be in pots or baskets, because that is the only way we can see and experience them. Macro shots welcome. More information at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivorous_plant SIZE: 1,600px MAXIMUM ON LONGER SIDE.
Saturday, 9th March, 2013 (GMT)
Saturday, 16th March, 2013 –
Friday, 22nd March, 2013
Saturday, 23rd March, 2013 –
Friday, 29th March, 2013
- SIZE: Longer side of entry, MAXIMUM 1600px.
- Digital photos only, with full EXIF data.
- Colour only.
- NO glaringly obvious HDR. If it hurts my eyes, it's out!
- Don't remove the background.
- TITLE: Give your entry a title, not just an photo number.
- NO watermarks or forms of identification, or personal website references.
- YES, photos from previous DPR challenges can be entered in this challenge.
- Two (2) entries per person allowed, but each entry should be a different type of plant.
- Encouraging comments about entries are welcome.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! If you enter the challenge, vote on other entries! This will hopefully counteract the sandbaggers' votes which spoil the genuine results for everyone's entries.
- ENTRANTS WHO HAVE ENTERED NUMEROUS CHALLENGES, AND HAVE NEVER VOTED, OR HAVE A VERY LOW VOTING SCORE RELATIVE TO THEIR ENTRIES, EXPECTING OTHERS TO DO THEIR WORK FOR THEM MAY BE DQ'D. I don't like Free-loaders or Free Riders in my challenges.
- Sandbagging, and vote solicitation will cause DQ'ing of entries, don't even contemplate it!
- Entrants or voters caught cheating will be unwelcome in my future challenges.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Pitcher plants in Jungle, Sarawak, Malaysia, Borneo
Saturday, 16th March, 2013 10:39
||Friday, 26th September, 2008