My best picture this week
Challenge has finished
Great new shot? No suitable Challenge available? No patience to wait for the right one to come by? For those unlucky members I have created this weekly returning opportunity.
Saturday, 24th November, 2012 (GMT)
Saturday, 1st December, 2012 –
Friday, 7th December, 2012
Saturday, 8th December, 2012 –
Friday, 14th December, 2012
- Only basic post-processing.
- Color and B&W are accepted.
Capture date rules:
- Images must be shot after the announcement date of the challenge.
- Please, first make sure your picture is not matching the subject of any other open-to-submit challenge, around the moment of uploading. If so, rather submit it there instead.
- During the submission phase of this challenge, pictures present here may not be present in any other challenge.
- Pictures must contain a full Exif, IPTC or XMP metadata record, that must match any manually provided information.
- No frames, borders, watermarks, logos or superimposed text.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
A Marsh Owl (Asio capensis) hunting down a "Flying Ant" (Termite) during a downpour. A lifer for me. My Sigma 100-300mm f/4 got soaked aiming it out the car window.
The Marsh Owl is a species of owl which is mainly a resident breeder in Africa and Madagascar. This species is part of the larger grouping of owls known as typical owls, Strigidae, which contains most species of owl. The other grouping is the barn owls, Tytonidae. Marsh Owl nests on the ground on open marshy areas, laying 2-4 eggs amongst tussocks. It hunts over open country, often by day. Its food is mainly insects, but it will take small mammals, such as rodents and birds. The Marsh Owl is 35–37 cm (14–14.5 in) in length with an 82–99 cm (32–39 in) wingspan.
Saturday, 1st December, 2012 06:38
||Saturday, 24th November, 2012
||Cropped and increase saturation