Weird, Bizarre Insects or Spiders
Challenge has finished
Here's your chance to show us the really weird, bizarre beasties you've found in your photography forays. You may or may not know what they are, and other entrants or viewers might be able to assist. Macro shots welcome. Photos taken outside in the real world are preferred, but for this challenge, you may have had a reason for shooting it indoors. SIZE: 1,600px MAXIMUM ON LONGER SIDE.
Saturday, 10th November, 2012 (GMT)
Saturday, 17th November, 2012 –
Friday, 23rd November, 2012
Saturday, 24th November, 2012 –
Friday, 30th November, 2012
- SIZE: Longer side of entry, MAXIMUM 1600px.
- Digital photos only, with full EXIF data.
- Colour only.
- No HDR.
- Don't remove the background.
- TITLE: Give your entry a title, not just a photo number
- No watermarks or forms of identification, or personal website references.
- YES! Photos entered in previous DPR challenges MAY be used in this challenge, but I would prefer you to enter new pictures. Those "not again..." shots tend to be voted down, in my experience.
- Three (3) entries per person allowed, but each entry should be a different insect, spider or creepy-crawly.
- If I believe the insect/spider is not very unusual or bizarre, I may suggest a withdrawal of the entry.
- Comments of encouragement are welcome. Also, any identification of the creepy critter would be very welcome.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! If you enter the challenge, take the time to vote on other entries! This will hopefully counteract the sandbaggers' votes which spoil the genuine results for everyone's entries.
- Sandbagging, and vote solicitation will cause DQ'ing of entries, so please don't contemplate it!
- Entrants or voters caught cheating will be unwelcome in my future challenges.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Spider in Web - Myrtle Beach S.C.
Sunday, 18th November, 2012 01:11
||Monday, 18th August, 2008