Challenge has finished
Let's make some classsic postcards which were so popular before digital
communications prevailed. OK, postcards are still being used, but by no means in any significant percentage, and our paper mail nowadays consists mostly of bills... So, use one of the pretty images you have taken, add "Greetings From (insert location name)" or "Welcome To...", and make us want to visit nice places.
Do observe the rules, please, so's your postcard won't get lost! :)
Thursday, 23rd August, 2012 (GMT)
Thursday, 30th August, 2012 –
Wednesday, 5th September, 2012
Thursday, 6th September, 2012 –
Wednesday, 12th September, 2012
- Digitally taken photos with full EXIF only.
- Longer side of the photo MUST NOT be over 1600px.
- Landscape and square format only.
- All Post-Processing interventions are acceptable.
- Composite Photos (such as collages) are allowed as long as all of the components are yours.
- Frames / Borders are acceptable, within the overall size limits.
- No watermarks, no date/time nor any other identification allowed.
- Your Entry has to have a postcard-style "Greetings From (name of the place)" or "Welcome To (name of the place)" text tastefully inserted in the image area.
- Observe DPR Rules on decency. Entries which may offend the viewer in any sense will be disqualified.
- Your Entry MUST have a Title. Camera-code titled entries (alone or anywhere within the Title) will be disqualified.
- DO NOT comment under individual entries until the end of Voting Period so as not to influence fair judgment. Comments will be removed.
- Sandbagging, vote soliciting or any other improper voting attempt will cause disqualification. Begging for undeserved glory is low and disgusting. Entries showing tendencious voting pattern may be removed.
- Entrants / Voters caught cheating in any DPR Challenge are NOT WELCOME in my Challenge, and will be removed on sight.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Stiched from 3 wideangle shots
Thursday, 30th August, 2012 07:08
||Thursday, 30th August, 2012