Cardboard Box/Boxes (please read the rules)
Challenge has finished
Let's see if we can make boxes interesting. It can be a single box, stacked boxes, crumpled boxes, colored boxes, or plain boxes but it must be thick paper or cardboard. NOT ALLOWED: Plastic boxes, wooden boxes, glass boxes, metal boxes...well, you understand--ONLY stiff paper and cardboard boxes. Also, the focus/subject of the photo must be the box/boxes. If my eyes find other parts of the photo more interesting, then I will disqualify it. For example, don't put a beautiful female beside a box, or photograph a box in front of the Taj Mahal. Ideally, the winning entry will not depend on how interesting the writing or illustration is on the box(es) but how well the photograph makes the boxes interesting in the shot.
Thursday, 12th July, 2012 (GMT)
Thursday, 19th July, 2012 –
Wednesday, 25th July, 2012
Thursday, 26th July, 2012 –
Wednesday, 1st August, 2012
- • PHOTO – No digital art; photo must be taken with a camera.
- • POST PROCESSING – Minimal. This means you may make basic adjustments to the photo by changing exposure, color balance, sharpness, contrast, hue, cropping, etc. The intent is that the photo looks nice but realistic (B&W is OK). No composites.
- • SIZE – Submitted photo must not be larger than 1600 pixels on the longer side.
- • BORDERS – Photo must not have a border.
- • IDENTIFICATION – Photo must not contain a signature, copyright notice, watermark, or other similar way of identifying the author. Author must not identify him/herself in the photo’s title, description, comments, or notes.
- • AUTHORS – Expect entries which do not follow the rules to be disqualified.
- • VOTING – Please view the photo before voting. Using only the thumbnail to decide your vote may not give the best representation of the photo. Voters are encouraged to vote on every entry in the challenge for the sake of fairness.
- • VOTING – Vote manipulation is strongly discouraged and may result in disqualification.
- • COMMENTS – Please hold all comments for entries until after the voting period ends (so other voters are not influenced).
- • CHEATING – Cheating your fellow human beings in order to gain a higher finish in a DPR challenge is disgusting and will be punished. If I can determine (with little doubt) someone has cheated, I will automatically disqualify that entry and all entries by that person into any of my future challenges.
- • VOTE SOLICITATION – Is not fair and will not be permitted. If I find evidence of asking friends and family to vote for your image, I will disqualify it.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge: