Natural Sand (please read the rules)
Challenge has finished
Let's see how beautiful sand can be. This can be desert sand, beach sand, play sand, builders' sand, or sand drifts/piles. The sand must be the subject of the photo, though. DON'T, for example, enter a photo of a big beautiful rock in the middle of some sand. DON'T, for example, enter a photo of a bunch of cactus flowers that just happen to be in some sand. The main concern is that it is obvious the sand is the subject of the photo, not, for example, a beautiful female lying on the sand (smile). Also NOT allowed are photos of sand castles, sand sculptures, writing in sand, etc.
Thursday, 21st June, 2012 (GMT)
Thursday, 28th June, 2012 –
Wednesday, 4th July, 2012
Thursday, 5th July, 2012 –
Wednesday, 11th July, 2012
- PHOTO – No digital art; photo must be taken with a camera.
- POST PROCESSING – Minimal. This means you may make basic adjustments to the photo by changing exposure, color balance, sharpness, contrast, hue, cropping, etc. The intent is that the photo looks nice but realistic (B&W is OK). No composites.
- SIZE – Submitted photo must not be larger than 1600 pixels on the longer side.
- BORDERS – Photo must not have a border.
- IDENTIFICATION – Photo must not contain a signature, copyright notice, watermark, or other similar way of identifying the author. Author must not identify him/herself in the photo’s title, description, comments, or notes.
- AUTHORS – Expect entries which do not follow the rules to be disqualified.
- VOTING – Please view the photo before voting. Using only the thumbnail to decide your vote may not give the best representation of the photo. Voters are encouraged to vote on every entry in the challenge for the sake of fairness.
- VOTING – Vote manipulation is strongly discouraged and may result in disqualification.
- COMMENTS – Please hold all comments for entries until after the voting period ends (so other voters are not influenced).
- CHEATING – Cheating your fellow human beings in order to gain a higher finish in a DPR challenge is disgusting and will be punished. If I can determine (with little doubt) someone has cheated, I will automatically disqualify that entry and all entries by that person into any of my future challenges.
- VOTE SOLICITATION – Is not fair and will not be permitted. If I find evidence of asking friends and family to vote for your image, I will disqualify it.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Thursday, 28th June, 2012 02:02
||Wednesday, 29th December, 2010