A Fly (Photo must be taken after challenge announcement!)
Challenge has finished
Take a photo of a fly. A house fly, fruit fly, horse fly, robber fly, outback fly -- any member of the Diptera order will be fine. Include more than one fly if you like, but make sure the fly is the subject of the photo.
Sunday, 10th June, 2012 (GMT)
Sunday, 17th June, 2012 –
Saturday, 23rd June, 2012
Sunday, 24th June, 2012 –
Saturday, 30th June, 2012
- The photo should use natural colors and limited sharpening -- it should look like what you see with your eyes.
- Please do not use HDR, focus stacking, composites, or artificially vivid colors.
- No frames, watermarks, or copyright notices.
Capture date rules:
- Images must be shot after the announcement date of the challenge.
- Colors and contrast should appear natural and realistic -- no artificially vibrant colors.
- Exif data with dates must not be removed from the .jpg file.
- Photos not in compliance with the rules will likely be disqualified, depending, of course, on the mood of the host.
- Don't take this too seriously.
- If you cheat on the date, the fleas of 1000 camels will infest your armpits.
- Voting: Vote on the natural content of the photo rather than the artistic merit.
- Voting: Please view the photo and don't vote on thumbnails.
- Voting: Vote 0.5 only for those photos not in compliance with the rules.
- Voting: If you particularly like or dislike a photo, please leave a comment explaining why you like it and/or what could be done to improve it.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Saturday, 23rd June, 2012 05:35
||Friday, 15th June, 2012
||Sony H-5 using Raynox MA-250