Shadow Only (please read the rules)
Challenge has finished
Shadows seem to be nearly everywhere. Find and photograph an interesting and artistic shadow BUT ONLY the shadow and not the thing that casts the shadow. For example, a curved vase shadow (but NOT the vase). The shadow of a tree (but NOT the tree). For interest, find shadows on wals, on sidewalks AND walls, on stairs, and on other objects. -+- TIP The shadow(s) should work in harmony with the background to create a pleasing result. Just remember, the photo must NOT include the thing that casts the shadow.
Thursday, 7th June, 2012 (GMT)
Thursday, 14th June, 2012 –
Wednesday, 20th June, 2012
Thursday, 21st June, 2012 –
Wednesday, 27th June, 2012
- PHOTO – No digital art; photo must be taken with a camera.
- POST PROCESSING – Minimal. This means you may make basic adjustments to the photo by changing exposure, color balance, sharpness, contrast, hue, cropping, etc. The intent is that the photo looks nice but realistic. No composites.
- SIZE – Submitted photo must not be larger than 1600 pixels on the longer side.
- BORDERS – Photo must not have a border.
- IDENTIFICATION – Photo must not contain a signature, copyright notice, watermark, or other similar way of identifying the author. Author must not identify him/herself in the photo’s title, description, comments, or notes.
- AUTHORS – Expect entries which do not follow the rules to be disqualified.
- VOTING – Please view the photo before voting. Using only the thumbnail to decide your vote may not give the best representation of the photo. Voters are encouraged to vote on every entry in the challenge for the sake of fairness.
- VOTING – Vote manipulation is strongly discouraged and may result in disqualification.
- COMMENTS – Please hold all comments for entries until after the voting period ends (so other voters are not influenced).
- CHEATING – Cheating your fellow human beings in order to gain a higher finish in a DPR challenge is disgusting and will be punished. If I can determine (with little doubt) someone has cheated, I will automatically disqualify that entry and all entries by that person into any of my future challenges.
- VOTE SOLICITATION – Is not fair and will not be permitted. If I find evidence of asking friends and family to vote for your image, I will disqualify it.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Thursday, 14th June, 2012 12:27
||Saturday, 11th February, 2012
||shot in Hi BxW