Rake and/or Shovel (please read rules)
Challenge has finished
Boring subjects, no doubt. So, can you make a typical hand garden rake or hand shovel an interesting photo? Use either or both tools. Show a line of them. Use brand new ones or old rusty ones. Or bent ones. Color or B&W. Maybe some long shadows. Perhaps a closeup. -+- This photo should have NO humans in it. -+- This photo should NOT contain shovels and rakes mounted on farm tractors or earth-moving equipment...handheld tools only.
Thursday, 10th May, 2012 (GMT)
Thursday, 17th May, 2012 –
Wednesday, 23rd May, 2012
Thursday, 24th May, 2012 –
Wednesday, 30th May, 2012
- PHOTO – No digital art; photo must be taken with a camera.
- POST PROCESSING – Minimal. This means you may make basic adjustments to the photo by changing exposure, color balance, sharpness, contrast, hue, cropping, etc. The intent is that the photo looks nice but realistic. No composites.
- SIZE – Submitted photo must not be larger than 1600 pixels on the longer side.
- BORDERS – Photo must not have a border.
- IDENTIFICATION – Photo must not contain a signature, copyright notice, watermark, or other similar way of identifying the author. Author must not identify him/herself in the photo’s title, description, comments, or notes.
- AUTHORS – Expect entries which do not follow the rules to be disqualified.
- VOTING – Please view the photo before voting. Using only the thumbnail to decide your vote may not give the best representation of the photo. Voters are encouraged to vote on every entry in the challenge for the sake of fairness.
- VOTING – Vote manipulation is strongly discouraged and may result in disqualification.
- COMMENTS – Please hold all comments for entries until after the voting period ends (so other voters are not influenced).
- CHEATING – Cheating your fellow human beings in order to gain a higher finish in a DPR challenge is disgusting and will be punished. If I can determine (with little doubt) someone has cheated, I will automatically disqualify that entry and all entries by that person into any of my future challenges.
- VOTE SOLICITATION – Is not fair and will not be permitted. If I find evidence of asking friends and family to vote for your image, I will disqualify it.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Flying Flames after Raking
Burning the trash after raking the garden
Thursday, 17th May, 2012 22:45
||Sunday, 4th December, 2011