Challenge has finished
Find the artistic value of an empty room. This means no furniture, storage, people, animals, and other things left in the room. You should make use of light, shadows, color, contrast, angles, geometry, openings etc. to create your photo.
Thursday, 26th April, 2012 (GMT)
Thursday, 3rd May, 2012 –
Wednesday, 9th May, 2012
Thursday, 10th May, 2012 –
Wednesday, 16th May, 2012
- PHOTO – No digital art; photo must be taken with a camera.
- POST PROCESSING – Minimal. This means you may make basic adjustments to the photo by changing exposure, color balance, sharpness, contrast, hue, etc. The intent is that the photo looks nice but realistic. No composites.
- SIZE – Submitted photo must not be larger than 1600 pixels on the longer side.
- BORDERS – Photo must not have a border.
- IDENTIFICATION – Photo must not contain a signature, copyright notice, watermark, or other similar way of identifying the author. Author must not identify him/herself in the photo’s title, description, comments, or notes.
- AUTHORS – Expect entries which do not follow the rules to be disqualified.
- VOTING – Please view the photo before voting. Using only the thumbnail to decide your vote may not give the best representation of the photo. Voters are encouraged to vote on every entry in the challenge for the sake of fairness.
- VOTING – Vote manipulation is strongly discouraged and may result in disqualification.
- COMMENTS – Please hold all comments for entries until after the voting period ends (so other voters are not influenced).
- CHEATING – Cheating your fellow human beings in order to gain a higher finish in a DPR challenge is disgusting and will be punished. If I can determine (with little doubt) someone has cheated, I will automatically disqualify that entry and all entries by that person into any of my future challenges.
- VOTE SOLICITATION – Is not fair and will not be permitted. If I find evidence of asking friends and family to vote for your image, I will disqualify it.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
A convict cell, now without even a roof, at Port Arthur Penal Colony, Tasmania.
Thursday, 3rd May, 2012 12:32
||Sunday, 13th November, 2011