Challenge has finished
The ultimate threat to all life... a threat that we of the Responsible Race so often like to juggle with! The harsh reality of that threat can be seen everywhere - and photographed, of course. Show us places and situations of alarming water scarcity, deprivation or consequences in your picures.
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES CAREFULLY. I hate having to disqualify an otherwise goo photo just because of an oversight...
Tuesday, 3rd April, 2012 (GMT)
Tuesday, 10th April, 2012 –
Monday, 16th April, 2012
Tuesday, 17th April, 2012 –
Monday, 23rd April, 2012
- The longer side of the photo must not be over 1600px. The format and aspect may be as you please.
- Any kind of post processing is acceptable. Creative approach is encouraged. However, don't overdo it. This is always a case where less is actually more.
- Topic content of your photo must span at least 75% (3/4) of picture.
- No frames / borders.
- No watermarks, date/time nor other identification marks.
- Upload your entry resized to a maximum as set by the Rules, and not larger.
- Digital JPEGs with full EXIF only.
- No ads in any form are alowed.
- No minors in the photo; adults only are allowed.
- If there are people in your pictures, please ensure that they are presented as anonymous (faces suitably hidden or averted / changed).
- No nudity. Observe all DPR decency rules.
- No provocative titling and/or descriptions! If your photo depicts some negativity, please be neutral.
- Do not comment individual entries until the end of Voting Period. It may influence fair judgment. Comments will be removed.
- Sandbagging, vote soliciting or any other improper voting attempt will cause disqualification. Begging for undeserved glory is low and disgusting. Entries showing tendencious voting pattern may be removed.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Near Coober Pedy, South Australian desert
Tuesday, 10th April, 2012 11:30
||Tuesday, 6th September, 2005