Challenge has finished
Springs, wells, piped water, bottles, drinking and supply installations & utensilia, people and/or animals drinking water… Whatever is used to get the life-giving water for drinking purposes on a daily basis may be our theme. Your approach should be photographically pleasing and not merely documentaristic: give your topic the respect it deserves, be it a simple glass, canister, cupped palms, or gilded faucets and a crystal decanter…
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES CAREFULLY. I hate having to disqualify a good photo just because of an oversight...
Tuesday, 27th March, 2012 (GMT)
Tuesday, 3rd April, 2012 –
Monday, 9th April, 2012
Tuesday, 10th April, 2012 –
Monday, 16th April, 2012
- The longer side of the photo must not be over 1600px. The format and aspect may be as you please..
- Minimal post processing interventions, such as contrast correction, moderate sharpening and cleaning of minor distractions, are acceptable.
- Topic content of your photo must span at least 75% (3/4) of picture.
- No frames / borders.
- No watermarks, date/time nor other identification marks.
- No added-on content (composites) allowed.
- No color shifting, no distortions, no HDR allowed.
- Upload your entry resized to a maximum as set by the Rules, and not larger.
- Digital JPEG own photos with full EXIF only.
- If there are people in your pictures, please ensure that they are presented as anonymous (faces suitably hidden or averted / changed).
- No provocative titling and/or descriptions! If your photo depicts some ecological or legal negativity, please be neutral.
- Voting (suggestions): Award one to two stars if the photo does not quite impress you... three, if you'd tolerate the picture adorning your living room wall... four stars if you would actually like it there… and if the picture really excites you in both thematic and photographic sense, give’em five!
- Do not comment individual entries until the end of Voting Period. It may influence fair judgment. Comments will be removed.
- Sandbagging, vote soliciting or any other improper voting attempt will cause disqualification. Begging for undeserved glory is low and disgusting. Entries showing tendencious voting pattern may be removed.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Tuesday, 3rd April, 2012 17:09
||Saturday, 8th October, 2011