Challenge has finished
An extremely widespread and actual theme, especially photographically. Its appearance comes from various sources. To name just main ones, there is lack of education and/or responsibility (unawareness of consequences), criminal negligence ("not my job" or "it's cheaper than recycling"), intentional (as in "For Fun & Profit) and natural (as a result of some cataclysm or other). Add your 100 views!
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES CAREFULLY. I hate having to disqualify an otherwise interesting photo just because of an oversight.
Tuesday, 20th March, 2012 (GMT)
Tuesday, 27th March, 2012 –
Monday, 2nd April, 2012
Tuesday, 3rd April, 2012 –
Monday, 9th April, 2012
- The longer side of the photo must not be over 1600px. The format and aspect may be as you please.
- Minimal post processing interventions, such as contrast correction, moderate sharpening and cleaning of minor distractions, are acceptable.
- Topic content of your photo must span at least 75% (3/4) of picture.
- No frames / borders.
- No watermarks, date/time nor other identification marks.
- No added-on content (composites) allowed.
- No color shifting, no distortions, no HDR allowed.
- Upload your entry resized to a maximum as set by the Rules, and not larger.
- Digital JPEGs with full EXIF and quality Analog film scans* are allowed.
- -->* Material & Gear information is welcome.
- If there are people in your pictures, please ensure that they are presented as anonymous (faces suitably hidden or averted / changed).
- No minors in the photo; adults only, please.
- No provocative titling and/or descriptions!
- Voting (suggestions): Award one to two stars if the photo does not quite impress you... three, if you'd tolerate the picture adorning your living room wall... four stars if you would actually like it there… and if the picture really excites you in both thematic and photographic sense, give’em five!
- Do not comment individual entries until the end of Voting Period. It may influence fair judgment. Comments will be removed.
- Sandbagging, vote soliciting or any other improper voting attempt will cause disqualification. Begging for undeserved glory is low and disgusting. Entries showing tendencious voting pattern may be removed.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
overflow from Innisfail sewerage works, enter the Johnstone River on way to the Coral Sea and the Great Barrier Reef. Bloody awful, but hay....nobody likes conservationists or 'greenies' in north Queensland. It's redneck country, yeeahaaw !!!
Monday, 2nd April, 2012 10:08
||Friday, 30th March, 2012