Spring in the rule of thirds and chat
Challenge has finished
Show us a sign of spring while using the composition rule of thirds.
This is a complex challenge, please read the instructions and the and the comments first.. Also enter a -dummy- photo as shown in the example below as a second picture, see for elaboration the comment in the example. Then give constructive comment on all other photos. Eventually you can enter a second improved version of your first picture by withdrawing the dummy and use that free slot.
Sunday, 18th March, 2012 (GMT)
Sunday, 25th March, 2012 –
Saturday, 31st March, 2012
Sunday, 1st April, 2012 –
Saturday, 7th April, 2012
- Post processing is as cosmetics, use a little and it enhances the end result artistically. Use too much and the result is blatantly artificial, which is frawned upon in this challenge. So HDR and standard basic post processing is okay, as long as it is not overwhelmingly noticable.
- No composites, we want honest pictures
- ENTRANTS MUST HAVE >25 POST/COMMENTS!
- Each entrant must, on their honor first, write a helpful Comment/Critique for the other 19 entries no later than the ending of the voting phase. It should be describing what they like and/or dislike about the photo, and what they may have done differently,
- After receiving comments you can enter a second improved version of your first picture.
- Include "second version" in the title.
- DO NOT WITHDRAW THE FIRST PHOTO THOUGH. we should be able to compare them.
- To allow proper evalutation and balance loading times, the longest side of the submitted picture should be between 1000 and 1600 pixels
- The number of participants is limited to 20. This cannot be reflected in the total entry limit. It will be announced in the comments when the challenge is full. Expect DQ if you enter after that.
- Comply with the standard DPR decency rules.
- photos must not have been entered in previous challenges.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in DQ.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
What a nice quiet spring day for a butterfly
SONY Alpha A55
Friday, 30th March, 2012 02:25
||Saturday, 24th March, 2012