Challenge has finished
Torrents, rapids, waterfalls... their danger and beauty have hypnotic values of their own. Those are our theme in this Challenge. Whole scope range is allowed, from close-up or telephoto trough panoramas to extreme wide-angle… whatever pleases you. NOTE: although there may be people in your photos, save the watersport takes for the next Challenge which will be aimed at that topic.
PLEASE OBSERVE ALL THE RULES. It is the best way to avoid disqualification.
Tuesday, 21st February, 2012 (GMT)
Tuesday, 28th February, 2012 –
Monday, 5th March, 2012
Tuesday, 6th March, 2012 –
Monday, 12th March, 2012
- The longer side of the photo must not be over 1600px. The format and aspect may be as you please.
- Topic content of your photo must span at least 75% of picture.
- Minimal post processing interventions such as contrast correction, moderate sharpening and cleaning of minor distractions are acceptable.
- No frames.
- No watermarks, date/time nor other identification marks.
- No added-on content (composites) allowed.
- No color shifting, no distortions, no HDR allowed.
- Upload your entry resized to a maximum as set by the Rules, and not larger.
- Digital JPEGs with full EXIF and quality Analog film scans* are allowed.
- -->*Material & Gear information is welcome.
- No ads in any form are alowed.
- No nudity. Observe DPR rules.
- If there are people in your pictures, please ensure that they are presented as anonymous (faces suitably hidden or averted / changed), or have the signed Model Release.
- No provocative titling and/or descriptions! If your photo depicts some ecological or legal negativity, please be moderate and neutral.
- Voting (suggestions): Award one to two stars if the photo does not quite impress you... three, if you'd tolerate the picture adorning your living room wall... four stars if you would actually like it there… and if the picture really excites you in both thematic and photographic sense, give’em five!
- Do not comment individual entries until the end of Voting Period. It may influence fair judgment. Comments will be removed.
- No sandbagging, please. It's the same as begging for glory: disgusting.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Thursday, 1st March, 2012 00:44
||Sunday, 21st November, 2010