Challenge has finished
Those are waterlife-dependent birds. They are adapted to seek food and nest near the seashores, marshes, lakes, rivers and other bodies of water. Some can swim and dive (for instance cormorant or coot), other will swim but can't dive (a seagull), yet anothers can do neither; those will wade, stalk and spear their prey (like stork or heron). The wide variety of all those fascinating bird sorts are frequent prey to our cameras. Show us what you have caught!
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES CAREFULLY. I hate having to disqualify a photo just because of an oversight...
Tuesday, 14th February, 2012 (GMT)
Tuesday, 21st February, 2012 –
Monday, 27th February, 2012
Tuesday, 28th February, 2012 –
Monday, 5th March, 2012
- The longer side of the photo MUST NOT BE OVER 1600px. The format and aspect may be as you please.
- Minimal post processing interventions, such as contrast correction, moderate sharpening and cleaning of minor distractions, are acceptable.
- No frames.
- No watermarks, date/time nor any other identification marks.
- No added-on content (composites) allowed.
- No color shifting, no distortions, no HDR allowed.
- Upload your entry resized to a maximum as set by the Rules, and NOT larger.
- Digital JPEGs with full EXIF and quality Analog film scans* are allowed.
- -->* Material & Gear information is welcome.
- If there are people in your pictures, please ensure that they are presented as anonymous (faces suitably hidden, averted or changed).
- No provocative titling and/or descriptions! Please be moderate and neutral.
- The Basic Animal Photography Rules apply. That means that at least the facial components must be sharp.
- Voting (suggestions): Award one to two stars if the photo does not quite impress you... three, if you'd tolerate the picture adorning your living room wall... four stars if you would actually like it there… and if the picture really excites you in both thematic and photographic sense, give’em five!
- Do not comment individual entries until the end of Voting Period. It may influence fair judgment. Comments will be removed.
- No sandbagging, please. It's the same as begging for glory: disgusting.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Wednesday, 22nd February, 2012 01:44
||Saturday, 3rd April, 2010