Challenge has finished
Mention water life - and fish automatically comes to mind. Well, there’s more. In this Challenge we’ll be seeing other kinds of water animals… all except fishes! Brine divers might enjoy this one, since every sea-living organism bar grasses and algae, is an animal. One might wonder whether waterbirds of amphibious creatures might be included? No. These will have a special Challenge of their own later in the series. So keep a lookout, or comb your archives for non-fish animals; those that live in water 24/7. Show us some good photography!
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES CAREFULLY. I hate having to disqualify a photo just because of an oversight...
Tuesday, 31st January, 2012 (GMT)
Tuesday, 7th February, 2012 –
Monday, 13th February, 2012
Tuesday, 14th February, 2012 –
Monday, 20th February, 2012
- The longer side of the photo must not be over 1600px. The format and aspect may be as you please.
- Minimal post processing interventions, such as contrast correction, moderate sharpening and cleaning of minor distractions, are acceptable.
- Topic content of your photo must span at least 75% of picture.
- No frames.
- No watermarks, date/time nor other identification marks.
- No added-on content (composites) allowed.
- No color shifting, no distortions, no HDR allowed.
- Upload your entry resized to a maximum as set by the Rules, and not larger.
- Digital JPEGs with full EXIF and quality Analog film scans* are allowed.
- -->* Material & Gear information is welcome.
- Show people in your pictures anonymous (faces suitably hidden or averted / changed).
- The basic Animal Photography Rules apply. That means that at least the facial components must be sharp.
- No nudity. Observe DPR decency rules!
- No provocative titling and/or descriptions!
- Voting (suggestions): Award one to two stars if the photo does not quite impress you... three, if you'd tolerate the picture adorning your living room wall... four stars if you would actually like it there… and if the picture really excites you in both thematic and photographic sense, give’em five!
- Do not comment individual entries until the end of Voting Period. It may influence fair judgment. Comments will be removed.
- No sandbagging, please. It's the same as begging for glory: disgusting.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Saturday, 11th February, 2012 13:40
||Saturday, 20th June, 2009