Challenge has finished
Show us pictures containing both sides of the water surface. There are several ways to do it. You can carefully position the amphibious or waterproof-cased camera in such a way that the waterline halves the lens. Or you can sink a glass box into the water and take pictures through its side. There is, of course, aquarium photography. Lastly, you might consider skillfully composing the scene from two photos, but both have to be your own work... Within these limits, be inventive!
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES CAREFULLY. I hate having to disqualify a photo just because of an oversight...
Tuesday, 24th January, 2012 (GMT)
Tuesday, 31st January, 2012 –
Monday, 6th February, 2012
Tuesday, 7th February, 2012 –
Monday, 13th February, 2012
- The longer side of the photo must not be over 1600px. Format and aspect may be as you please.
- Observe the "Rule Of Thirds" whenever possible.
- Any kind of post processing is acceptable. The result should appear as a genuine over&under photo, and not just like splice-blurred compo.
- Composites from more than one photo are allowed (see above).
- No frames.
- No watermarks, date/time nor other identification marks.
- Upload your entry resized to a maximum as set by the Rules, not larger.
- Digital JPEGs with full EXIF and quality Analog film scans* are accepted.
- -->* Material and gear information is welcome.
- If there are people in your pictures, please ensure that they are presented as anonymous (faces suitably hidden or averted / changed), or have a signed Model Release ready.
- No nudity. Observe DPR decency rules!
- No provocative titling and/or descriptions! If your photo depicts some ecological or legal negativity, please be moderate and neutral.
- Voting (suggestions): Award one to two stars if the photo does not quite impress you... three, if you'd tolerate the picture adorning your living room wall... four stars if you would actually like it there… and if the picture really excites you in both thematic and photographic sense, give’em five!
- Do not comment individual entries until the end of Voting Period. It may influence fair judgment. Comments will be removed.
- No sandbagging, please. It's the same as begging for glory: disgusting.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge: