Challenge has finished
***This is a complex challenge. Please read challenge comments below FIRST and click "show full rules" to understand the mechanism of this challenge.****
***Entrants should have at least 25 comments and forum messenges combined***
Show us a photo of a technical mechanical system with wheels and rods and so on, things that turn, wobble, push or pull, close or open. NOTE!!!, entry in this challenge also obliges to give comments about all other entries in the series. Eventually you may enter an improved version of the first photo. You are encouraged to provide early comments during the submission stage to allow contestants to create an improved photo to submit before voting begins.
Sunday, 8th January, 2012 (GMT)
Sunday, 15th January, 2012 –
Saturday, 21st January, 2012
Sunday, 22nd January, 2012 –
Saturday, 28th January, 2012
- Post processing is as cosmetics, use a little and it enhances the end result artistically. Use too much and the result is blatantly artificial, which is frawned upon in this challenge. So HDR and standard basic post processing is okay, as long as it is not overwhelmingly noticable.
- No composites, we want honest pictures
- ENTRANTS MUST HAVE >25 POST/COMMENTS!
- Each entrant must, on their honor first, write a helpful Comment/Critique for the other 19 entries no later than the ending of the voting phase. It should be describing what they like and/or dislike about the photo, and what they may have done differently,
- After receiving comments you can enter a second improved version of your first picture.
- Include "second version" in the title.
- DO NOT WITHDRAW THE FIRST PHOTO THOUGH. we should be able to compare them.
- To allow proper evalutation and balance loading times, the longest side of the submitted picture should be between 1000 and 1600 pixels
- The number of participants is limited to 20. This cannot be reflected in the total entry limit. It will be announced in the comments when the challenge is full. Expect DQ if you enter after that.
- Comply with the standard DPR decency rules.
- photos must not have been entered in previous challenges.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in DQ.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Revised version of original submission.
Friday, 20th January, 2012 11:16
||Wednesday, 22nd June, 2011