Challenge has finished
Show us your most evocative black & white photo and make us think. There must be a human aspect to it. Per series' theme, let the image speak: *NO TITLES OR DESCRIPTIONS* (put a single dash "-" in place of title). PLEASE READ ADDITIONAL RULES (pay attention to image size rules). Many subjects are excluded. Read comments below for samples. -- Voters: Please vote in a slideshow.
Monday, 9th January, 2012 (GMT)
Monday, 16th January, 2012 –
Sunday, 22nd January, 2012
Monday, 23rd January, 2012 –
Sunday, 29th January, 2012
- Black and White only. No toning or tinting. Please do the best you can. Just "desaturating" a color original is rarely an optimal post-processing method. Be proud of what you submit.
- No digital art - photo must be taken with a camera.
- No composites.
- Maximum image dimensions: 1024 px horizontal x 768 px vertical but with at least one of its dimensions being exactly 1024 px horizontal or 768 px vertical.
- Submitted photograph must not be larger than 500 KB (saving at 80% should provide room to spare).
- No embedded copyright notices or watermarks with author's name.
- No titles or descriptions (put a single dash "-" in place of title).
- Absolutely no snapshots of homeless people, street snapshot portraits of third-world children staring into the lens, no toddlers (sleeping or otherwise), and no pure portraits, human or animal (identifiable faces are okay if within the context of their environment).
- There must be a human aspect to the photo - no pure landscapes devoid of humans or human artifacts.
- No photos previously entered in this series (http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Series.aspx?ID=371)
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Monday, 16th January, 2012 02:46
||Monday, 15th February, 2010