Challenge has finished
There are situations where you simply have to invent a solution for your photographing needs. Many photographers will attempt to construct or adapt what they require; others will merely try to buy the missing piece and sadly drop their ideas if such a thing isn't readily available. Show us what you have built or adapted to aid you in your photography! Sometimes the „funny“ can also be something genuinely useful – and vice versa. Please observe the Rules, also see the Intro to the Series (click at Laugh@Life above) for additional information, so your entry won't fall off...
Thursday, 29th December, 2011 (GMT)
Thursday, 5th January, 2012 –
Wednesday, 11th January, 2012
Thursday, 12th January, 2012 –
Wednesday, 18th January, 2012
- Digitally shot JPEGs with full EXIF only. (No scanned analog photos)
- The longer side of the photo must not be over 1600px. Format and aspect may be as you please.
- Minor post-processing interventions are acceptable.
- Collage of no more than four pictures is acceptable, if you feel it will help explain your topic.
- No frames.
- No watermarks, date/time nor other identification marks.
- Upload your entry resized to a maximum as set by the Rules, not larger.
- Make the funny in your theme internationally recognizable. If it includes text in a language unreadable to others, who might thus miss the point, please explain the punch line in Description.
- If your photo depicts an ecological or legal negativity, be moderate and neutral. Please do not offend anyone or anything.
- In order to avoid legal issues do ensure that people in your pictures are presented as anonymous (faces suitably hidden, averted or changed).
- Voting (suggestions): If the photo does not impress you much, award * or **. If the joke is good but the photo is so-so, give ***. If you wish you’ve shot it, give **** ... and if the picture really got you in both humorous and photographic sense, give *****! Any half-a-star above or below your decision means, of course, “between” ;)
- No nudity. Observe DPR Rules.
- No sandbagging, please. Begging for glory is actually sick and disgusting.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Wednesday, 11th January, 2012 19:00
||Sunday, 16th October, 2011