Challenge has finished
Reflecting upon this very popular, highly ecological and attractive diving contest which lets people hunt without killing, let's see the beauties of "live free and unrestricted fish photographed in its natural habitat", as the PFH rules define the task. And "natural habitat" is not an aquarium, mind! The fish may be presented whole or in a portrait, as defined in Additional rules below.
This Challenge is intended for diving photographers (SCUBA & Apnea), but if you have been lucky just snorkeling about, your work is welcome!
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES CAREFULLY! I hate having to disqualify a photo just because of an oversight...
Tuesday, 27th December, 2011 (GMT)
Tuesday, 3rd January, 2012 –
Monday, 9th January, 2012
Tuesday, 10th January, 2012 –
Monday, 16th January, 2012
- Digital JPEGs with full EXIF as well as Analog photos, i.e. quality film scans are allowed; film, camera, lens & settings information is useful and welcome.
- The longer side of the photo should be up to 1600px. The format and aspect may be as you please.
- Topic content of your photo must span at least 75% of picture.
- Minimal post processing interventions (such as contrast correction, moderate sharpening and cleaning of minor distractions) are acceptable.
- No frames.
- No watermarks, date/time nor other identification marks.
- No color shifting, no distortions, no HDR allowed.
- Upload your entry resized to a maximum as set by the Rules, and not larger.
- Camera optics must be 100% submerged.
- No composite photos are allowed.
- No captive fish, please. There is no art in photographing dead or, say, harpooned fish portraits, nor shooting an aquarium specimen.
- The Basic Animal Photography rules apply. That means that at least the facial components, i.e. the area including eyes, mouth and gills must be sharp.
- No part of the fish may touch the picture edge, except in case of a fish portrait.
- Fish portrait includes the head from gills to mouth. The mouth must not touch the frame edge.
- Voting: Award * or **, if it does not quite impress you... ***, if you'd tolerate the picture adorning your living room wall... ****, if you would actually like it there… and when picture really excites you both thematically and photographically, give’em *****! Half-a-star above or below your decision should mean “leaning toward…” and should be applied accordingly ;)
- No sandbagging, please. It's the same as begging for glory: disgusting.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Taken at Sharm El Sheik (Egypt), snorkeling.
Sunday, 8th January, 2012 01:59
||Tuesday, 22nd June, 2010