Challenge has finished
Contraptions, mechanical adaptations or sloppily designed or kept things that struck your sense of humor. From do-it-yourself constructs, over hastily patched-up repairs, to plain dumb and often dangerous original solutions people so often arrive at… anything like that goes. Make us laugh! See the Intro to the Series (click at Laugh@Life above) for additional information, and please observe the Rules! Having to disqualify your entry is no fun at all...
Thursday, 22nd December, 2011 (GMT)
Thursday, 29th December, 2011 –
Wednesday, 4th January, 2012
Thursday, 5th January, 2012 –
Wednesday, 11th January, 2012
- Digital JPEGs with full EXIF and…
- … quality analog film scans are allowed. Material, camera & settings info is welcome.
- The longer side of the photo should be up to 1600px. Format and aspect may be as you please.
- Minor post-processing interventions are acceptable.
- No frames.
- No watermarks, date/time nor other identification marks.
- No composite photos, please. One-shot photo contents only.
- No advertising of any sort, please.
- Upload your entry resized to a maximum as set by the Rules, and not larger.
- Make the funny in your theme internationally recognizable. If it includes text in a language unreadable to others, who might thus miss the point, please explain the punch line in Description.
- If your photo depicts an ecological or legal negativity, be moderate and neutral. Please do not offend anyone or anything.
- In order to avoid legal issues do ensure that people in your pictures are presented as anonymous (faces suitably hidden, averted or changed).
- Voting (suggestions): If the photo does not impress you much, award * or **. If the joke is good but the photo is so-so, give ***. If you wish you’ve shot it, give **** ... and if the picture really got you in both humorous and photographic sense, give *****! Any half-a-star above or below your decision means, of course, “between” ;)
- No sandbagging, please. Begging for glory is actually sick and disgusting.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge: