Challenge has finished
Shallow water photos taken through the surface.
Only your theme has to be 100% submerged.
Show what you have seen and photographed in the shallows, whatever that was; fish, shells, crustaceans, vegetation... or perhaps some objects that the uncouth have carelessly thrown where such don't belong...
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES! I hate having to disqualify a photo just because of an oversight...
Tuesday, 13th December, 2011 (GMT)
Tuesday, 20th December, 2011 –
Monday, 26th December, 2011
Tuesday, 27th December, 2011 –
Monday, 2nd January, 2012
- The longer side of the photo should be up to 1600px.
- Format orientation and aspect may be as you please.
- Minimal post processing interventions such as contrast correction, moderate sharpening and cleaning of minor distractions are acceptable.
- Added-on content (composites) is not allowed.
- HDR, color-shifting, distortions and such - not allowed.
- No frames.
- No watermarks, date/time nor other identification marks.
- Upload your entry resized to a maximum as set by the Rules, and not larger.
- Digital JPEG photos with full EXIF only.
- Camera optics must be 100% above water (no underwater photos).
- If there are people in your pictures, please ensure that they are presented as anonymous (faces suitably hidden or averted / changed), or have a signed Model Release ready; you may be asked to present it.
- No nudity. Observe the DPR rules.
- No provocative titling and/or descriptions! If your photo depicts some ecological or legal negativity, please be moderate and neutral.
- Voting (suggestions): Award one to two stars if the photo does not quite impress you... three, if you'd tolerate the picture adorning your living room wall... four stars if you would actually like it there… and if the picture really excites you in both thematic and photographic sense, give’em five! Half-a-star above or below your decision means “leaning toward…” and should be applied accordingly ;)
- No sandbagging, please. It's the same as begging for glory: disgusting.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge: