Challenge has finished
"Water is amazing. Its tiniest droplet can contain the Sun"... This motto brings us to the smallest noticeable water quantities. In this Challenge, let's explore those ubiquitous water globules trough the best optical range you can set your camera to register: from macrophoto of a single drop trough the fog-adorned gossamer web to the seaspray riding the waves, or a simple rain...
PLEASE READ THE RULES – I hate having to disqualify an entry just because of some overlooked detail!
Tuesday, 29th November, 2011 (GMT)
Tuesday, 6th December, 2011 –
Monday, 12th December, 2011
Tuesday, 13th December, 2011 –
Monday, 19th December, 2011
- Digital JPEG photos with full EXIF only.
- The longer side of the photo should be up to 1600px. Format and aspect may be as you please.
- Minimal post processing interventions such as contrast correction, moderate sharpening and cleaning of minor distractions are acceptable.
- No frames, watermarks, date/time nor other identification marks.
- No color shifting, no distortions, no HDR allowed.
- Upload suggestions: There is no use uploading multi-megabyte files, since the displayed picture size is limited anyway. So resize your entry to a maximum (as set by the Rules) prior to uploading it. That way you’ll optimize the upload size and speed, and also reduce the overall server load.
- Take care with rain pictures: we are looking for drops, not streaks!
- Fog and/or steam, ditto: acceptable only if water globules are clearly visible.
- If there are people in your pictures, please ensure that these are presented as anonymous, having the faces suitably hidden, averted or changed. Otherwise have a signed Model Release ready to present upon request.
- No nudity. Observe the DPR rules.
- No provocative titling and/or descriptions, please. Be moderate and neutral if your photo depicts some ecological or legal negativity.
- Voting: Award one to two stars if the photo does not quite impress you... three, if you'd tolerate the picture adorning your living room wall... four stars if you would actually like it there… and if the picture really excites you in both thematic and photographic sense, give’em five! Half-a-star above or below your decision means “leaning toward…” and should be applied accordingly ;)
- No sandbagging, please. It's the same as begging for glory: disgusting.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
Wednesday, 7th December, 2011 11:00
||Tuesday, 12th January, 2010