Challenge has finished
Submit a photograph of an event, a number of people gathered together in one place: a party, convention, concert, or meeting.
Thursday, 1st September, 2011 (GMT)
Thursday, 8th September, 2011 –
Wednesday, 14th September, 2011
Thursday, 15th September, 2011 –
Wednesday, 21st September, 2011
- Minimal post processing. This is mainly an exercise in straight photography.
- Here are hints, not rules. Consider bringing two cameras; one with a wide-angle lens and another with a very fast telephoto.
- Take only gear you can comfortably carry.
- Check on the event venue to see if flash is allowed. Avoid using the camera's own flash, due to low quality of light. Consider bounce lighting or diffuser.
- Be simultaneously bold yet invisible. Avoid being a distraction, yet place yourself strategically.
- A fast lens both will allow you to freeze motion better, as well as isolate your subject from the background. Autofocus helps.
- Shoot RAW for flexibility.
- You may want to arrive early to scout out the venue.
- This is a difficult subject: you have little control over your subject, and little time to compose your shots. Take lots of photos.
- Take photos that illustrate the purpose and mood of the event.
- Be friendly and cooperative.
- Work quickly.
- Note: Wedding Photography will be featured as a future challenge in this series.
Maximum number of entries per user:
Maximum number of entries in challenge:
King Pleasure and The Biscuit Boys
Wednesday, 14th September, 2011 01:41
||Sunday, 26th July, 2009